Country Beef Short Ribs over Gorgonzola Polenta
- Cook Time: 9 - 10 hours on low
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Liner 2-1/2 to 3 pounds boneless beef short ribs, or one
- 2-1/2- to 3-pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into thin wedges (1 cup)
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Polenta
- 1/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
Trim fat from ribs, if using; set aside.
In a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker, combine onions, carrots, and fennel. Place beef on top of vegetables.
In a small bowl, stir together undrained tomatoes, wine, tapioca, tomato paste, dried rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Pour over mixture in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
Meanwhile, prepare Polenta as directed, except reduce salt to 1/2 teaspoon; stir in the 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese after cooking.
To serve, spoon Polenta into shallow bowls. Spoon beef and vegetable mixture into bowls. If desired, garnish with crumbled cheese.
Back to top