- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Course: Side Dish
This dish is great for holidays and everyday.
- 1/2 Buttermilk Cornbread Recipe or 1/2 sheet pan of cooked cornbread.
- 1 pound of lose mild Italian Sausage
- 1/2 small diced sweet onion
- 1/2 seeded and small diced red bell pepper
- 2 small-diced stalks of celery
- 2 peeled and small diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
PREHEAT the oven to 375°
CUT the cornbread into 1” inch chunks and add them to a large bowl.
COOK the Italian sausage in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat until golden brown and cooked through.
REMOVE the cooked Italian sausage and set aside, and add to the hot sauté pan the onions, peppers, celery and carrots and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on high heat while continuing to stir.
PLACE the cooked vegetables in the large bowl with corn bread chunks and cooked Italian sausage.
WHISK together the stock and eggs in a separate bowl and add it to the large bowl of vegetables, cornbread and Italian sausage and fold together until combined, and season with salt and pepper.
PLACE the cornbread into a Reynolds® Bakeware Casserole pan and bake in the oven on 375° for 30 minutes or until the cornbread on top is lightly browned.
Back to top