Coq Au Vin Stew
- Cook Time: 5 - 6 hours (low) or 2 1/2 - 3 hours (high)
- Servings: 4
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 envelope (1/2 of a 2.2-ounce package) beefy onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 cups loose-pack frozen small whole onions
- 2 cups fresh button or wild mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- Hot-cooked mashed potatoes (optional)
- Snipped fresh basil or parsley (optional)
Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet until brown; drain off fat.
Place chicken thighs in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Sprinkle chicken thighs with dry soup mix. Add onions and mushrooms. Pour wine over all.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker. Use a fork to remove chicken from the bone, shredding it into bite-size pieces. Discard bones.
Return chicken to mixture in cooker. If desired, serve with hot mashed potatoes and sprinkle with basil.
Back to top