- Servings: 30
- Course: Dessert
- 2 2/3 flaked coconut (7 ounces)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening (optional)
- Parchment paper
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl combine coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract.
Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
If desired, in a small saucepan melt chocolate and shortening over low heat. Dip bottoms of cookies in melted chocolate mixture.
Makes about 30 cookies.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top