Citrus and Herb Roasted Turkey
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 12
- Course: Main Dish
This Citrus and Herb Roasted Turkey is as traditional as it gets and absolutely packed with delicious flavor.
- 1 pound unsalted softened butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 finely minced garlic cloves
- zest of 2 each lemons and oranges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 12-14 pound thawed turkey
- 1 each sliced lemon and orange
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Whisk together the butter, thyme, sage, chives, garlic, lemon zest, orange zest, 1/2 tablespoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper, and set aside.
Place the turkey in a Reynolds® Bakeware Roaster Pan. Season the outside and inside cavity with 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of ground pepper.
Stuff the inside turkey cavity with sliced lemons and oranges and tie the legs together with butcher’s twine.
Coat the turkey on all sides with the citrus-herb butter.
Bake in the oven for 3 ½ to 4 hours basting every 30 minutes.
Remove the turkey from the oven and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Back to top