Cincinnati-Style Chili Casserole
- Cook Time: 8 - 10 hours (low) or 4 - 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 12
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 26-ounce jar garlic pasta sauce
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pound dried cut ziti or gemelli Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
In a 12-inch skillet cook ground beef and onions until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
Transfer meat mixture to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Stir in pasta sauce, kidney beans, the water, chili powder, chocolate pieces, vinegar, cinnamon, bouillon granules, cayenne pepper, and allspice.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Before serving, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. Add pasta to meat mixture in slow cooker; toss gently to combine.
If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Back to top