Cider Pork Stew
- Cook Time: 10 - 12 hours (low) or 5 - 6 hours (high)
- Servings: 8
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 3 medium cubed potatoes (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped apple (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper Celery leaves (optional)
Cut meat into 1-inch cubes. In a 3-1/2 to 5-1/2 quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner, combine meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, apple, celery, and tapioca.
Stir in apple juice, salt, caraway seeds, and pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. If desired, garnish individual servings with celery leaves.