Chipotle Black Bean Chili
- Cook Time: 7 -8 hours (Low) or 3 1/2 - 4 hours (High)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef, ground pork, bulk pork sausage, uncooked ground turkey or uncooked bulk turkey sausage
- 2 14-oz. cans reduced-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
- 1 16-oz. jar chunky salsa
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen diced hash brown potatoes with onions and peppers
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped*
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Dairy sour cream, chopped avocado and/or shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Tortilla chips or corn bread (optional)
In a large skillet, cook ground beef until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
Transfer meat to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Stir broth, salsa, beans, hominy, potatoes, chipotle peppers, chili powder, oregano and cumin into meat in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Top individual servings with sour cream, avocado and cheddar cheese and serve with tortilla chips, if you like.