Chipotle and Beef Burritos
- Cook Time: 8 - 10 hours (low) or 4 - 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 9- to 10-inch tomato-flavored or plain flour tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo Salsa (see recipe below)
Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 6 pieces.
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner place meat, undrained tomatoes, onion, chipotle peppers, oregano, cumin, and garlic.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Remove meat from cooker. Using 2 forks, pull meat apart into shreds. Place meat in a large bowl. Stir in enough cooking liquid to reach desired consistency.
Divide meat among warm tortillas, spooning it just below the centers. Top with cheese, Pico de Gallo Salsa, and, if desired, jicama and sour cream.
Roll up tortillas.
Pico de Gallo Salsa
In a medium bowl combine 2 finely chopped medium tomatoes; 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion; 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro; 1 fresh serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (see tip); and dash sugar.
Cover; chill several hours.
Back to top