- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 48 cookies
- Course: Dessert
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus additional for cookie sheets
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (4 oz.), chopped
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line 4 cookie sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, chili powder, salt, and cayenne in a medium bowl.
Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl on high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and extract, beating until combine well, about 3 minutes.
Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough until firm, about 30 minutes.
Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow bowl. Scoop out dough and roll into 1-1/4-inch balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar; coating well.
Transfer to prepared cookie sheets, placing 1 inch apart.
Bake cookies, 2 sheets at a time, in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching positions halfway through, until just set, about 12 minutes (do not overbake).
Transfer cookies on sheets to racks and cool 5 minutes. Using a metal spatula, transfer cookies to rack and cool completely.
Back to top