Chili Bean-Stuffed Peppers
- Cook Time: 6 - 6 1/2 hours (low) or 3 - 3 1/2 hours (high)
- Servings: Makes 4 stuffed peppers
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 4 small to medium green, red, or yellow sweet peppers
- 1 cup cooked converted rice
- 1 15-oz. can chili beans with chili gravy
- 1 15-oz. can or 2 8-oz. cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (3/4 cup)
Remove tops, membranes, and seeds from sweet peppers. Chop enough tops to make 1/3 cup; set aside.
If necessary, cut a thin slice from the bottom of each pepper so they sit flat.
In a medium bowl stir together rice and undrained beans; spoon into peppers. Pour tomato sauce into the bottom of a 4 1/2-, 5- or 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner; stir in reserved chopped pepper and onion.
Place peppers, filled side up, in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
To serve, transfer peppers to serving plate and cut in half, if desired. Spoon tomato sauce over peppers and sprinkle with cheese.
Back to top