- Servings: 2
- Course: Soups & Salads
Short on time? Move the slow cooker setting for this fiery hot white chili recipe to high. If you like, serve in store-bought bread bowls with a crisp, fresh salad on the side. Slow cooker liners are the perfect match for any slow cooker recipe. A slow cooker liner can be used to make your favorite recipe without changing the cooking time or altering the taste. The liner saves you from needing to scrub your slow cooker clean too. Simply let the slow cooker cool and remove all of the food before gathering the slow cooker liner and throwing it away.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can white kidney beans (cannellini beans) or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/2 of a small fresh jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
- Disposable slow cooker liner
Lightly coat an unheated medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in hot skillet; drain off fat.
Place the disposable slow cooker liner inside a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides; pull top of liner over rim of bowl. Combine chicken, drained beans, broth, onion, sweet pepper, chile pepper, cumin, oregano, white pepper, and garlic; add to slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4 to 5 hours.
If desired, sprinkle individual servings with tomato, green onion, and cheese. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and discard.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top