Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 - 35 minutes
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Course: Main Dish
If you’re looking for a delicious quick and easy recipe for a week night meal than this Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole the perfect dish.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 2 ½ cups of chicken stock
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cooked and chopped boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups of broccoli cut into florettes
- 5 cups of cooked white long grain rice
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of crushed corn flakes
- 1 Reynolds® Bakeware 13x9 Non-Stick Pan with Carrier
PREHEAT the oven to 350°.
MELT the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat and add in the diced onions and lightly brown.
SPRINKLE the flour on top of the onions and mix in to form a roux and cook for 3 minutes.
POUR in the chicken stock and whisk over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until it becomes very thick.
ADD the sauce to a large bowl and mix it together with the 2 cups of shredded cheese, chopped cooked chicken breasts, broccoli florettes, cooked rice, sour cream, and salt and pepper until completely combined.
TRANSFER the mixture into a Reynolds Bakeware® 13x9 Non-Stick Pan and sprinkle on the remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese followed up by sprinkling the crushed corn flakes, completely covering the top.
BAKE in the oven on 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
Back to top