Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 lb. fully cooked andouille sausage, sliced -inch
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 cup long grain parboiled rice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 4 green onions, chopped, if desired
- Hot sauce, if desired
PREHEAT oven to 400F. Add flour, Creole seasoning and thyme to Reynolds® Oven Bag; shake to blend. Place bag in 13x9x2-inch pan.
ADD chicken, sausage, tomatoes, rice, bell pepper, and onion to oven bag; turn several times to coat ingredients with seasonings. Arrange ingredients in even layer in bag. Fold down bag opening two times to hold it open; set aside.
MICROWAVE broth in a medium microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup for about 2 minutes on high power until broth is very hot. Carefully pour or ladle both over ingredients in oven bag. Carefully unfold bag opening.
CLOSE bag with nylon tie. Cut six -inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes, until chicken reads 170F on meat thermometer and rice is done. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully cut top of bag open; stir with rubber scraper or spoon. Garnish servings with chopped green onions and add hot sauce, if desired.
REYNOLDS OVEN BAGS TIPS: To easily cut chicken thighs into cubes, open them and place flat on a cutting board to cut with knife
OR use kitchen shears to cut into cubes.
Back to top