Chicken and Bean Burritos
- Cook Time: 2 - 3 hours (HIGH) or 5 - 6 hours (LOW)
- Servings: Makes 12 burritos
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans in chili sauce
- 1 16-ounce bottle (1 2/3 cups) salsa with chipotle chile peppers
- 12 8-inch whole wheat or plain flour tortillas, warmed*
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Light dairy sour cream (optional)
In a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner combine chicken and undrained beans. Pour salsa over all.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, gently separate the chicken into thin shreds.
Using a potato masher, mash beans slightly in cooker. Return chicken to slow cooker, stirring to mix.
Divide chicken mixture evenly among the warmed tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over filling; fold in opposite sides just until they meet. Roll up from the bottom. If necessary, secure with toothpicks. If desired, serve with lettuce, tomatoes, and/or sour cream.