- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Course: Main Dish
- 1 lb uncooked rotini pasta (use brown rice pasta for GF)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups white onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef, or turkey
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 oz sun ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped with kitchen shears
- 14 oz diced tomatoes (or 28oz if you don't have sun ripened tomatoes), do not drain
- 2 tbsp Mustard (regular or dijon)
- 2 cups grated Colby Cheese (or your favorite)
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 13 x 9 inch Reynolds® Baking Dish
- Extra fresh diced tomatoes (optional)
- green onions, chopped (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. drain well.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the beef and cook until browned; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato paste, then add the tomatoes with their juices and mustard. Let the mixture bubble gently until it has slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
Toss the meat mixture with the pasta and spread it into Reynolds® Bakeware Dish. Top with the cheddar and bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the lettuce and chopped pickles over the top and serve. You can also add fresh chopped tomatoes and green onions over the top.
Back to top