Cajun Pot Roast
- Cook Time: 10 - 12 hours (high) or 5 - 6 hours (low)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 2- to 2-1/2-pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning*
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can Cajun-style or Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic or
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Hot cooked rice
Trim fat from roast. Cut roast to fit in crockery cooker, if necessary. Rub Cajun seasoning all over meat.
In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
In a 3-1/2- to 4-quart crockery cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner combine undrained tomatoes, onion, celery, tapioca, and garlic. Place meat on top of vegetable mixture.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
Slice meat; serve with sauce over rice.