Cajun Pot Roast with Maque Choux
- Cook Time: 8 - 10 hours (low) or 4 - 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 2- to 2-1/2 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 large green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning evenly over all sides of the meat; rub in with your fingers. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Place meat in the slow cooker. Add frozen corn, sweet pepper, onion, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper. Pour tomatoes over mixture in cooker.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Remove meat from cooker.
Drain vegetables, discarding cooking liquid. Serve meat with vegetables.
Back to top