Brisket with Fruit and Red Wine Sauce
- Cook Time: 9 - 10 hours on low
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 (2-1/2 pounds) beef brisket
- 1/2 cup dried pitted plums
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves
- 1/2 cup dried tart red cherries
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Rinse brisket and pat dry.
Place in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Top with plums, apricots, cherries and garlic.
Stir together broth, wine, thyme, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in flour until smooth. Pour over fruit mixture in cooker.
Cover and cook 9 to 10 hours on low.
Thinly slice beef against the grain and serve with fruit sauce. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Back to top