Big-Batch Puttanesca Sauce
- Cook Time: 8 - 10 hours (low) or 4 - 5 hours (high)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 3 28-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 of a 6-oz. can (1/3 cup) tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp. anchovy paste
- 2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve
In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner stir together undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, garlic, chopped olives, 1/4 cup snipped parsley, capers, anchovy paste, basil, cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting 8 to 10 hours or high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Remove half of sauce (about 5-1/2 cups). Set aside for additional meals.
If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Add shrimp and halved olives to sauce in cooker.
Cover and cook 5 minutes more or until heated through. Serve over hot cooked pasta or rice. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese.