- Cook Time: 8 hours (low) or 4 hours (high)
- Servings: 8
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 14 1/2-oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. mild-flavored molasses
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 12 oz. assorted fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes (optional)
Toss meat cubes with flour in a large mixing bowl.
Heat oil in an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat.
Brown meat cubes, half at a time, in hot oil.
Place carrots and onion in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Add browned meat cubes.
In a medium bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, vinegar, molasses, salt, celery salt, pepper, and ginger; pour over meat.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting.
Stir in mushrooms and raisins.
Cover and cook for 1 hour more on high-heat setting. Serve over hot cooked noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes, if desired.
Back to top