- Servings: 6
For a hearty and satisfying meal, fire up the slow cooker for this comforting goulash. Depending on how much heat you like, choose sweet or hot Hungarian paprika for flavoring. And for an easier— and faster—clean up, line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner (after the meal, when your slow cooker has cooled, remove the empty liner and throw it away).
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 1/2 beef stew meat
- 2 medium carrots, bias-cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 beef broth
- 1 ounce tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red or green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- Hot cooked noodles
- Dairy sour cream or yogurt
- Hungarian paprika (optional)
- Disposable slow cooker liner
Insert a disposable slow cooker liner into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Add meat, carrots, onions, and garlic. In a small bowl, combine broth, tomato paste, the 1 tablespoon paprika, the lemon peel, salt, caraway seeds, black pepper, and bay leaf. Stir into vegetable and meat mixture in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.
If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in sweet pepper strips. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. Discard bay leaf. Serve with hot cooked noodles. Top with sour cream or yogurt. If desired, sprinkle with additional paprika.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top