Beef Dip Sandwiches
- Cook Time: 1 1/2 - 2 hours
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup beef broth 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds boneless beef rump roast
- 1 envelope (1.4 oz) French Onion or Beefy Onion soup mix
- 6 crusty sandwich rolls, such as Kaiser rolls or Ciabatta rolls
- 6 slices deli Swiss or Cheddar cheese, if desired
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP Chop up leftover roast and add to hash brown potatoes for a quick supper later in the week.
PREHEAT oven to 325°F. SHAKE flour and pepper in Reynolds™ Oven Bag, Large Size; place in 13x9-inch baking pan. Add broth to bag. Squeeze bag to blend in flour.
PLACE onions in single layer in bottom of bag. Add roast to bag. Sprinkle soup mix over meat; press into all sides of meat.
CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top.
BAKE 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until meat thermometer reaches desired doneness, 145F for medium and 160F for well done. Let sit 10 minutes. Slice meat thinly across the grain. Pile slices into sandwich rolls; top with some of the onions. Top with cheese is desired. Spoon juices into small individual bowls for dipping.
Back to top