Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 - 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Course: Appetizers & Snacks
Score a touchdown on game day with a bite-sized appetizer that packs a punch of flavor. These spicy jalapeño peppers are filled with cheddar and cream cheese and wrapped in mouthwatering maple glazed bacon.
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
- 12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 12 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Wooden toothpicks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional
Arrange an oven rack 4 inches from broiler and heat broiler to high. Line two 15x10x1-inch baking pans with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. Place bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 6 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is hot but not crisp. Remove from oven and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Place jalapeño halves, cut side down, on a separate prepared baking pan. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or just until softened; set aside.
Adjust oven temperature to 450°F. Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Fill each jalapeño half with cream cheese mixture. Then wrap each with a strip of bacon, securing with toothpicks as needed. Return to baking pan and brush bacon with maple syrup, if desired.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes until bacon is crisp and filling is hot.
Back to top