Apple Cranberry Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 - 23 minutes
- Servings: 12 - 18 muffins
- Course: Breakfast
Simple and seasonal, these tangy and sweet muffins are perfect for cozy fall mornings.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Take the stress out of baking with these simple and seasonal Apple Cranberry Muffins. Using baking cups saves time in the kitchen and helps with easy removal. Plus they look great!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
PREHEAT oven to 350oF. Line muffin pan(s) with 12 Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups.
WHISK together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Stir in apples, cranberries, and orange zest.
WHISK together eggs and buttermilk in a medium sized bowl. Stir in melted butter.
FOLD buttermilk mixture gently into flour mixture until combined.
FILL baking cups two-thirds full of batter (approx. ¼ cup of batter).
BAKE for 20 to 23 minutes, until muffins are brown around edges and spring back when touched. Let muffins cool slightly, about 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
SERVE warm or at room temperature.
Back to top