Pizza Pinwheel Appetizers
Don’t have much time to prepare an appetizer or have unexpected guests? No worries, these Pizza Pinwheel Appetizers are easy to prepare and ready in minutes.
If you don’t have the time to work with homemade dough, just grab a canister of pizza dough in the refrigerated section at the grocery store. You know what I am talking about. Roll it out into a rectangle and cover with your cheeses, spices and optional toppings. Place pinwheel slices; swirl side up, on a greased sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil. (If you are not ready to serve these right away, just wrap them in the foil and wait until guests are about 15 minutes away from arriving.)
Bake and serve with some heated marinara or pizza sauce. They look elegant but take no time and who doesn’t love pizza? Best of all, your clean up is simply throwing away the foil. Maybe throw some flour on the counter to make people think you were slaving all day. Good luck planning your next event and don’t be afraid to take offers to help; even a salad prepared from a friend will take some burden off entertaining at home.
- 1 (13.8 ounce) can refrigerated classic pizza crust or recipe for thin crust pizza dough
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Press pizza dough into a large rectangle.
- Sprinkle dough with garlic salt, basil, cheeses and pepperoni. Starting at the short end, roll dough up tightly to form a log. Slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.