Cook Time: 2 to 2 1/2 hours Servings: 15
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 12 to 24 pound turkey, thawed
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- BAKE 2 to 2 1/2 hours for a 12 to 16 lb. turkey, 2 1/2 to 3 hours for a 16 to 20 lb. turkey, and 3 to 3 1/2 hours for a 20 to 24 lb. turkey, or until meat thermometer reads 180°F. For easy slicing, let stand in oven bag 15 minutes before opening.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIPS: - For stuffed turkey: Lightly stuff turkey with your favorite stuffing recipe before brushing with oil. Add 1/2 hour to bake time. - If turkey sticks to oven bag, gently loosen bag from turkey before opening bag. - Estimate 1 pound per person for generous servings with leftovers.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- SHAKE flour in Reynolds® Oven Bag,Turkey Size; place in large roasting pan at least 2 inches deep. Spray inside of bag with nonstick spray to reduce sticking, if desired.
- ADD vegetables to oven bag. Remove neck and giblets from turkey. Rinse turkey; pat dry. Brush turkey with oil. Combine sage, thyme, rosemary and seasoned salt. Sprinkle and rub herb mixture over turkey, turning to coat evenly.
- PLACE turkey in oven bag on top of vegetables.
- CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Insert meat thermometer through slit in bag into thickest part of inner thigh. Tuck ends of bag in pan.