Foil Wrapped Roasted Turkey
Cook Time: 2 to 6 hours Servings: 10
- 8 to 24 pound turkey, thawed
- Vegetable oil
- ROAST turkey until meat thermometer reads 180°F.For approximate roasting times, see chart. For stuffed turkey, add 30 minutes to roasting time. To brown turkey, open and turn back foil 30 minutes before roasting is finished. For easy slicing, cover turkey with foil and let stand 15 minutes.
- TURKEY SIZE COOKING TIME 8 to 12 pounds 1 1/2 to 2 1/4 hours 12 to 16 pounds 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 hours 16 to 20 pounds 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours 20 to 24 pounds 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 hours *24 to 28 pounds 3 3/4 to 5 hours *28 to 32 pounds 5 to 5 1/2 hours
- REYNOLDS KITCHEN TIP: Estimate 1 pound per person for generous servings with leftovers. *Large amounts of drippings will collect in the roasting pans when roasting large turkeys. Check the turkey 1 hour before the end of the roasting time and remove excess drippings, if necessary, with a baster or ladle. At the end of the roasting time, remove enough drippings to safely lift roasting pan from the oven.
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F. Remove neck and giblets from turkey; rinse turkey and pat dry. If desired, loosely stuff turkey. Brush with oil.
- TEAR off a sheet of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil 2 1/2 times longer than turkey. Place turkey lengthwise in center of foil sheet.
- CLOSE foil loosely by overlapping the ends. Turn up short sides of foil to hold in juices. Do not seal airtight. Place foil wrapped turkey in roasting pan at least 2 inches deep. Insert meat thermometer through foil into thickest part of inner thigh, not touching bone.