Slow Cooking in the Summer
I love cooking my meats on the grill and then making some sort of side dish in the slow cooker. The slow cooker is a great way to cook in the summer since it won’t heat up your house. I also like it because it provides freedom on when you prepare dinner and when you eat.
Using Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners whenever you make food in the slow cooker is the best way to go since the cleanup is soooo easy. I especially like to use the slow cooker liners when I’m making cheesy dishes like Cheesy Corn and Peppers. I think we can all agree that cleaning up cooked on cheese is not exactly fun.
This recipe is perfect to go with grilled steak or chicken. Kids and adults will agree that this is the best corn they’ve ever had.
- 2 lbs frozen corn kernels
- 2 T butter, cubed
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- Line your slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
- Add the corn, butter, peppers, salt, cumin and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Add cheeses, stir to blend. Cover and cook 15 minutes more or until cheeses melt.
Serve and enjoy!
Ideal slow cooker size: 3 quart